HAMILTON, OH (FOX19) -Six people have been displaced after a fire in Hamilton.
Fire crew responded to reports of the fire around 8:45 Saturday morning in the 200 block of Walnut Street.
Upon arrival, fire crews reported smoke and flames coming from the two-story wood frame residence.
All occupants were able to evacuate before fire crews arrived.
The fire is believed to have started in a second floor bedroom near the rear of the house. The Hamilton Fire Department says that the fire was started by a nine-year-old child that was left unattended with a lighter.
The child will be referred to the Hamilton Fire Department's Juvenile Fire Setter Program.
Damage has been estimated at $15 thousand for the structure and $7.5 thousand for the loss of contents.
The Red Cross is providing assistance to the displaced family.