CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19)- Six people were indicted in a heroin trafficking conspiracy, including four Middletown residents.
Authorities say the following have been arrested and charged with conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute heroin:
- Starling Groves Jr, 43, Dayton
- Darnell Jack South III, aka "Jack Black", 38, Middletown
- Eric Redding, aka "Eric Page", 41, Middletown
- Cheltzy Redding, 28, Middletown
- Adam Gardner, 27, Middletown
- Thomas Payne, aka "Tommy", 49, Lebanon
An investigation began in August 2012 when Middletown Police contacted the FBI after noticing a significant increase in heroin-related criminal activity in and around Middletown.
Groves, South and Eric
Redding were charged with distributing more than 100 grams of heroin, a crime punishable by
at least five years and up to 40 years in prison.